Thursday, June 9, 2011

If my life was a song, it would be...




Rapped by...


This lyrical genius rapper.



From a young age, I have always felt a strong connection, like Coolio knew me and he was telling my story.

"Cuz I been blastin and laughin so long that, even my mama think that my mind is gone..."
I got jokes. Check.

"I'm the kinda G the little homies wanna be like, on my knees in the night, saying prayers in the street light..."
Prayer. Check.

"I'm an educated fool with money on my mind, I got a ten in my hand and a gleam in my eye..."
Still in school. Check.

"I'm twenty three now, but will I ever see twenty four the way things are goin, I don't know..."
I am trying to be "Rapture Ready." Check.


It's like Coolio and I are the same person.


_______________________________________________


I also feel a kinship with....




Reba.

But that is for another time...



Is there a song that you also feel is your life story? Do share! You could even make a case on your blog as to why that song is your life story. I can't wait to hear about your life through song!


2 comments:

  1. i got to meet reba a few times. once i was wearing my favorite outfit and poofy bangs (duh). yes, my favorite outfit did include a body suit that snapped in the crotch. weird.

    coolio can read you like a book sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you recall that one time you rapped to JT at Bible Study? Because that was an ultimate personal BS highlight of mine. :)

    Jen's comment is so weird. How old were you when you rocked that crotch snapped body suit?!!? Those were the days, friend...

    ReplyDelete